2014년 10월 10일 금요일

new start at Chinook !



NEW START AT CHINOOK !

 I arrived at Chinook on August 25 after YAV Orientation with tension and expectation. And I met my coordinator Jack and had a meeting with him.  On that evening, I met another new people who will lead and help me in Jack's Church. We had a introuduction time with each other by having a dinner.

 Next day, I visited at Meadowlark elementary school and  I had a meeting for my first work with supervisor Sharon and school authorityties.
 
 

On August 27, I started my work at the elementary school. My work picked the students up from school to swmming pool in safety. At 11am, I went to Cafeteria in school and I helped the people who are working there by wiping the table and arranging chair. After lunch time, I picked them up again. For 2 weeks, I did this works from Monday to Friday. (Now, I always go to school at 9:30 am to read a book in library and I am helping my working poeple at the Cafeteria. After lunch time, I am helping my first grade teachers and students.)



On September 3, I started to go to the Senior Center every Wendesday. ( Now , I always go to there every Thursday)  my works are dish-washing, delivering foods for disabled people and listening their story and so on. The best things of my works is playing the piano for them. Whenever I playing the piano for them, they always told me " keep going or One more time !! " like thats.


Also, I am accompaning the piano in LEAP program ( It is Bible Study for elementary school students.) at the Assembly of God church from 6:30pm to 8 00pm ( I am having a meeting with Rikii who is leader of LEAP at 5:30pm every Wendesday)  and I am participating in the LEAP PROGRAM an assistant of  leader. And my similar work is T.G.I.F PROGRAM.  Every Friday, I am participating this program with YAVS and my supervisor at the Meadowlark School Cafeteria from 2;45 pm to 4:pm after I finish my work at First grade class.


I love my works because I can meet and  help working people who loves and helps me. Most of all, I really happy to meet them at Chinook.


 
 
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기